Thomas appointed to the Board of Directors of the National Rural Economic Developers Association
LEXINGON, Ky. (WTVQ / Press Release) – Brad Thomas of Touchstone Energy Cooperatives of Kentucky has been appointed to the board of directors of the National Rural Economic Developers Association (NREDA).
âI look forward to serving on the board of directors of the only national organization dedicated to advancing rural economic development,â said Thomas, director of economic development for co-operatives. âNREDA offers enormous resources, especially opportunities to share effective strategies to create jobs and investments in rural communities. “
âWe are very pleased that Thomas is joining the Board of Directors to serve the membership and further the mission of NREDA,â said NREDA President Nikki Pfannenstiel. âThe Association supports its members and economic development allies with networking and educational publications, a comprehensive annual conference and advanced workshops and webinars on economic development education.
âBrad has a wealth of experience in economic development to offer, and NREDA has a lot to offer our co-ops,â said Rodney Hitch, director of economic development for Touchstone Energy Cooperatives of Kentucky. âNREDA understands the unique challenges of promoting economic development in rural communities. “
In 2018, Touchstone Energy Cooperatives of Kentucky received the Organization Excellence Award from NREDA.
“Electric co-ops have always played a vital role in improving the quality of life for the people they serve, and this is also the goal of economic development,” said Tony Campbell, President and CEO of East Kentucky Power Cooperative, one of the 17 cooperatives that make up Touchstone Energy Cooperatives of Kentucky. âIt is important that our rural communities work together to promote economic development.
NREDA is a professional organization dedicated exclusively to advancing rural development, developing the skills of members and achieving social and human service goals in rural areas. Find them online at www.nreda.org.
Kentucky Touchstone Energy Co-ops include 17 member-owned, not-for-profit power co-ops that serve more than 1.1 million Kentucky residents in 87 counties in Kentucky.
- Big Sandy RECC, Paintsville, Ky.
- Blue Grass Energy, Nicholasville, Ky.
- Clark Energy Cooperative, Winchester, Ky.
- Cumberland Valley Electric, Gray, Ky.
- RECC Farmers, Glasgow, Ky.
- Fleming-Mason Energy, Flemingsburg, Ky.
- Grayson RECC, Grayson, Ky.
- Inter-County Energy Cooperative, Danville, Ky.
- Jackson Energy Cooperative, McKee, Ky.
- Licking Valley RECC, West Liberty, Ky.
- Nolin RECC, Elizabethtown, Ky.
- Owen Electric Cooperative, Owenton, Ky.
- Salt River Electric, Bardstown, Ky.
- Shelby Energy Cooperative, Shelbyville, Ky.
- RECC of Southern Kentucky, Somerset Ky.
- Taylor County RECC, Campbellsville, Ky.
- Eastern Kentucky Electric Cooperative