Chart of the week – Potential upside breakout for EUR/JPY
VSheart of the week – EUR/JPY
Potential breakout of EUR/JPY
Short term technical analysisTimestamp: April 10, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. (click to enlarge the graphic)
Source: CMC Markets & TradingView
- The ECB will make its final monetary policy decision this Thursday, April 14, but no changes are expected pending further developments in the Ukraine-Russia conflict and the results of the French presidential elections despite the current record level of inflation in the Eurozone area.
- From its high of 137.50 on March 28, 2022, EUR/JPY has started to consolidate in a potential minor range setup of “bullish flag” over the past couple of weeks, implying that the next potential move EUR/JPY is likely a continuation of its medium-term impulsive bullish streak in place since the March 7, 2022 low of 124.40 if price actions manage to stage a break above the upper bound. 135.60 from the “bullish flag”.
- The 4-hour RSI oscillator managed to stay above a key corresponding support level at 39%.
- Watch 132.90 medium term pivot support and a break above 135.60 is likely to see another potential upside to retest 137.50 before next resistance at 139.50. (the major June 2015 swing zone and a group of Fibonacci extension levels).
- On the other hand, a 4-hour close below 132.90 invalidates the bullish scenario of a multi-week corrective decline towards the next support at 129.40 (61.8% Fibonacci retracement of the upside move from the March 7, 2022 to the March 28, 2022 high).
Disclaimer: CMC Markets is an order execution service only. The material (whether or not expressing opinions) is provided for informational purposes only and does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. Nothing in this document is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment or other advice on which reliance should be placed. No opinion given in the material constitutes a recommendation by CMC Markets or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although we are not specifically restricted from processing prior to providing such material, we do not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination.