Business and digital training to help women entrepreneurs
Last month, the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) launched its Rapid Finance Facility (RFF) project to support women entrepreneurs in PNG with digital and financial services.
The DEFINE initiative, a private sector collaboration by PNGX Markets; PNG digital ICT cluster; and Unkapt – presents its business skills building project for women entrepreneurs (DEFINE SKILLS 2022 program) under the UNCDF RFF project. The DEFINE SKILLS 2022 program will also support women’s economic empowerment.
Ahead of Small Business Week starting June 27, the DEFINE SKILLS 2022 program will launch the call for entries this week. The number of places being limited, those interested are encouraged to register early for this free training.
The DEFINE SKILLS 2022 program will provide business, financial literacy and digital skills training to accelerate the business development of women-led micro and small enterprises and female solo entrepreneurs (collectively female-led MSEs).
It will target women-led MSEs with the basics for mid-level business, financial literacy and digital skills.
The focus is on their awareness and understanding of appropriate digital and financial solutions, services and products. By introducing these solutions, women-led MSEs can improve their businesses and operations.
The objectives of the training programs are to help women entrepreneurs to:
1. increase development opportunities for their businesses;
2. graduated in the formal sector;
3. transition to the emerging digital economy;
4. adopt better business practices through the use of social media to market their products; and
5. improve communication channels with customers or suppliers and coordinate their supply chains.
The DEFINE SKILLS 2022 Program training workshop will cover:
BUSINESS, FINANCIAL AND DIGITAL LITERACY
– provide business, finance and digital skills training to accelerate the business development of women-led MSEs; and
target women-led MSEs with a foundation in mid- and advanced-level business, financial literacy and digital skills;
DIGITAL KNOWLEDGE AND AWARENESS
– increase awareness and understanding of appropriate digital solutions, services and products to improve their business operations and digital transformation opportunities;
– support the economic empowerment of women; and
GROWTH AND PROFITABILITY THROUGH SKILLS
– promote business growth and profitability of women-led MSEs by improving their financial literacy and digital skills.
The DEFINE SKILLS 2022 program will conclude with a demo day where participants will have the opportunity to showcase what they have learned and pitch their business to an interested audience, including financiers and potential partners.
Starting Monday, June 27, the full program information package will be available at www.skills.defineinitiative.org.
The DEFINE initiative implements the DEFINE SKILLS 2022 program, as a healthy MSE sector with growth prospects is an essential part of a robust economy for Papua New Guinea.
PNGX, as a partner in the DEFINE initiative, sees this as an important element in developing national capital markets. Most people think that the stock market is only limited to big companies, because it is the top level of public access to equity in an economy.
PNGX recognizes that a healthy MSE sector is critical to the long-term sustainability of an exchange, as today’s MSEs become the largest publicly traded companies on tomorrow’s stock exchange.
PNGX knows that the stock market can play a vital role in fostering and developing MSEs.
This role enables the investing public, from individuals to pension companies, to access new and expanding domestic investment opportunities.
For more information on the DEFINE SKILLS 2022 program, you can contact us at [email protected] or browse www.skills.defineinitiative.org.